InfReC R550 Series Professional Thermography Camera. High Accuracy Thermal Imaging.
InfReC is the coined abbreviation word of “Infrared Camera” and also has the meaning of [The Device Recording Infrared Information]. Our product research and development is targeted at improving the quality of life by protecting people and simplifying their daily tasks while measuring temperature, controlling environments, enhancing security, etc.
“Automatic Movie Recording” functions on board and Expanded Lineup of Lens.
Selectable 4 models for your application
- Full featured model for R&D.
- Suitable for use in R&D for making a measurement of high temperature, and for measuring sequential data.
- Measuring range: -40 to +2000℃
- Standard model for a wide variety of applications.
- Suitable for use in Facility diagnosis for inspection of electrical facilities and remotely located pipes.
- Measuring range: -40 to +650°C.
120Hz high speed sampling enables measurement of instantaneous temperature change (R550Pro).
Windowing mode enable to 120Hz high speed sampling.
You will be able to do sputter analysis and analysis of thermal impact to the neighborhood of the interested spot in laser machining or resistance welding.
- 120Hz ： 640×120 Windowing
- 60Hz ： 640×240 Windowing
- 30Hz ： 640×480 Full
1.2 Megapixels Professional Thermal Imaging Camera
Outstanding 1280 x 960 High Resolution Thermal Image by Avio SR Technology!
- Super Resolution (SR) Mode:
- Recording Pixels: 1280 x 960 pixel
- Spatial Resolution: equivalent to 0.58mrad *1
- Standard Mode:
- Recording Pixels: 640 x 480 pixel
- Spatial Resolution: 0.87mrad
Professional Thermography Camera. New function “Automatic Movie Recording” by external trigger input *2
Reliable data acquisition
- Inputting of an external trigger signal to the camera unit enables analysis software to start movie recording automatically.
- Data recording linked with test equipment and field facility is available without configuring I/O system.
0.025℃ High sensitivity by new image filtering function “Denoising”
- This product uses the latest noise processing technology developed by the NEC Central Research Laboratories to reduce random noise by spatial filtering and preserve the outline details of the object being measured.
- The Sensitivity (NETD) of 0.025℃ (at 30℃) makes this product most suitable for discerning slight differences in temperature in non-destructive inspection.
Extensive optional lens lineup for various measuring scene
- Variety of lens lineup makes play an active role in various measuring scene.
- 21μm Closeup Lens makes it possible to measure very small object
- *1: This increased resolution results from detecting characteristic within all frames and aligning them to compensate for small vibrations such as those introduced by hand movement.
- *2: only R550Pro, R550Pro-D professional thermography camera
AVIO R450 (economical version), follow this link.
Our full range of hand-held infrared thermography cameras, follow this link.
If you are interested in thermal imaging for automation and fire control applications, follow this link.
What is Infrared Thermography?
|Definition of Infrared Thermography|
|Infrared professional thermography is equipment or method, which detects infrared energy emitted from object, converts it to temperature, and displays image of temperature distribution. To be accurate, the equipment and the method should be called differently, the equipment to be called as infrared thermograph and the method to be called as infrared thermography. Recently, however, more and more public literatures show tendency not to pay attention to such appellative. We call our equipment as infrared thermography considering such generalization of the terminology.|
|Characteristics of Infrared Professional Thermography camera|
- It captures as a temperature distribution on a surface,and it can display as a visible information.
- Temperature can be measured from a distance without contacting an object.
- Temperature can be measured in real time.
|Merits of Infrared Thermography equipment|
- Relative comparison of distribution of surface temperature can be made over a wide area.
- Temperature can be measured easily for a moving object or an object which is dangerous to get close to.
- Temperature of small object can be measured without confusing the temperature.
- Temperature of food, medicine or chemicals can be measured in a sanitary fashion.
- Temperature of an object with drastic temperature change or a phenomenon during a short period of time can be measured.
|Infrared hand held Thermography camera, things often misunderstood|
- <Q> Isn’t infrared camera emitting something?
<A> No, it is not emitting anything: It merely detects infrared emitted from an object in a passive manner. It should be noted, however, that it may be affected by the reflection from the vicinity.
- <Q> Isn’t the temperature measured by the wave length You can see an object behind something through it, can’t you?
<A> No, Temperature distribution is measured by the amount of infrared energy.
- <Q> You can see an object behind something through it, can’t you?
<A> No, Because infrared emitted from the surface of an object is detected, you cannot see through something. However, you may be able to estimate the rear side if there is a temperature distribution appearing on the surface due to the difference in heat conductivity.
|What is Infrared Thermography?|
- Discovery of infrared
It was discovered by a British astronomer, Herschel, in 1800. When dispersing sunlight using a prism, Herschel accidentally found that there was an invisible light on the outside of red light when increases the temperature of an object.
- It is an electromagnetic wave
Wavelength is 0.7µm or longer Wavelength is 1mm or less = Frequency is 300GHz or more.
The source : R.D.Hudson, Jr. “INFRARED SYSTEM ENGINEERING” (John Wiley & Son, 1969)
|Characteristics of infrared|
- It is invisible since its wavelength is longer than visible light. It has nothing to do with brightness or darkness of visible light
- It is emitted naturally from any object of which temperature is absolute zero(0K) or higher. Therefore, it can be applied to any field
- It has a characteristic of heating an object. Therefore, it is sometimes called “heat wave”.
- It is a kind of light (electromagnetic wave) It can be transmitted through vacuum.
- There is a correlation between infrared energy and temperature of an object. Therefore, it can be used to measure the temperature of an object
|How the heat transfers|
A type of heat transfer where the heat is transferred directly from the surface of an object as an infrared energy.
A type of heat transfer where the heat is transferred by the heated part of gas or liquid moving upward.
A type of heat transfer mainly through a solid object
Emission, reflection and transmission of infrared
|An object which absorbs infrared well emits infrared well|
Principle of measurement by high accuracy professional thermal imaging camera
Image Format of Infrared Professional Thermography Camera
|Arrangement of detector and image data of infrared thermography|
|Temperature distribution image data|
|Temperature distribution image data of infrared thermography consists of matrix of pixels (number of detector: for example, 320 horizontal X 240 vertical pixels) as shown in the figure above. Thermal image data can be transferred to PC. Subsequently, the data can be calculated and utilized freely. Thermal image data is colored up pixel by pixel based on temperature.|