High Throughput, Accurate Spectral Target Projector Test System for IR Detectors & Integrated Optical Systems
CI Systems is now offering a new line of Spectral Projectors for use in testing the spectral response of integrated optical systems and spectral D* of IR detectors.
- CI Systems’ Spectral Projectors use our proprietary Circular Variable Filter (CVF) technology.
- The projector generates circular or square targets with rapid wavelength switching.
- The Spectral Projectors can produce a collimated beam at any given clear aperture or a converging beam to create a high intensity spot.
Main Benefits of spectral target projector
- Exceptionally high throughput: Compared with standard monochromators.
- High Reliability: The CVF thin film-coated elements offer a robust, reliable alternative to monochromators and spectrographs with a spectral resolution of 2% of the wavelength.
- Spectral Wavelength Range: Typically 0.4-1.3 μm for VIS-NIR bands or 1.3-14.2 μm for IR (sub-ranges and different combinations are available upon request).
- Output Units: The system is calibrated into radiometric units of Watt/cm².
- Compact, Robust System: Requires no periodic calibrations.
- Communication: Integration and control through a simple serial connection and open-source protocol.
The spectral resolution is typically 2% of wavelength; the in-band transmission is high with excellent out-of-band blocking. Apart from the high throughput, CVF-based spectral sources use larger output spot sizes (typically 2 mm diameter), which far exceed the size of the typical slit width produced by monochromators.
This provides two distinct advantages:
- Further increases the overall system throughput.
- Enables use of targets (such as 4-bar targets) for testing the performance of integrated imagers.
Figure 3 shows an example of the Normalized Emission Spectrum at 1200 °c.
Figure 4 shows detector test results obtained using a CVF spectral source.
CI Systems offers spectral sources for multiple spectral bands, which can be custom integrated according to specific customer needs.
CI Systems is a leading IR Test System house and manufacturer of blackbody radiation sources, integrating spheres and collimator systems. We have been providing solutions tailored to customer needs for over four decades.